Wilson: [in mock-disgust] Oh… my… God. This guy means business. Or guys. Could be, could be multiple… Could be multiple guys. Or a gal. Who knows? All I can say is, this reeks of boldness.
House: [staring him down] I am not hiring a team.
Wilson: You ever tighten a guitar string really, really slowly? Past the point it can handle the strain? It makes this weird… sound. Almost like a scream.
* musesfool is running an OPI Summer Challenge, and that is pretty much the funnest premise ever. So many good potential prompts to choose from.
* If I ever attempt to give the third season of Twin Peaks a fourth chance, somebody please come punch me in the mouth.
* Found out the next episode of Game of Thrones was leaked, but alas, I'd already been spoiled. Thanks, twitter.
* I really need to finish Mass Effect Andromeda when I'm home, but I haven't even looked at my Playstation the past two weeks *sigh*
* Of course, dumb me just started another game on my laptop, plus a couple of playthroughs on youtube, because why do anything that makes sense ever. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice looks all kinds of intense, and I'm holding off watching more than the first play video since I do want to play it myself. But I'd need headphones I can use, hmmm... Meanwhile, I did make some icons.
(it really does look - and sound - amazing)
* Also, a vid rec list should be forthcoming shortly.
I don't watch much 'comedy' as a genre - not even outside of anime. Way too much either hits my embarrassment squick, or else the cast are assholes. Or both! (See also: OSOMATSU-SAN and EXCEL SAGA, both of which I saw recommendations for as OMG FUNNIEST THING EVER, and no. I managed all of one episode each, and then noped out hard.) I'm more likely to laugh at manga.
But after rummaging through my past catalog, I found a couple OVAs that did make me laugh! DRAGON-HALF (heroine is half-dragon! unfortunately, her love is a dragon hunter! whoops, nothing for it but to enter an enormous tournament for reasons that I don't remember and may not have been explained), and SHINESMAN (loving parody of super-sentai e.g. Power Rangers - I've only seen the dubbed version, which is glorious).
Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, so I thought I'd feature some appropriate cakes. However, I realize many of our younger readers may not be familiar with The King. So listen up, whipper snappers! Picture an older, more talented, better looking, Southern Justin Bieber wearing a white, bedazzled jumpsuit.
Also, he may or may not be dead.
Maybe don't picture that part.
Right. All together now? Then let's get started!
This is Elvis:
Rawr! Ffft ffft...
...is not Elvis. I'm thinking either Ray Liotta or Wayne Newton.
John claims this looks like Jimmy Durante. It's like I don't even know who he is anymore. (John, I mean. Jimmy I had to wiki.)
I'm going with Liza Minelli.
Oh! Wait! I know this one!
The Brawny paper towel guy!
And finally, Elvis:
Queen Amidala. Or maybe one of the guys from Menudo. (Thanks, John!)
No, no, I'm staying with Amidala.
Thanks to Paula H., Diana C., Connie B., and Chrissy K. who are all, collectively, nuthin' but hound dogs. And oh! The crying! ALL the TIME! Enough, already!
Ah thank you. Thankyouverramuuuch.
Update from john: The Munsters! The last one looks like the kid from The Munsters! I knew it was something with an "M" from my childhood.
( 11) Language )
( 14) Food )
( 15) Technology )
Next up - Magic as seen from these two races in particular and by the Galatics in general (as opposed to the rather messed up Terren take on it), and then I feel like I *might* have enough groundwork laid to start writing.
Terre Prime Worldbuilding
Authors: agirlnamedtruth & weekendgothgirl
Fandom: The Originals/TVD
Pairing: Kol Mikaelson/Rebekah Mikaelson
Table/Prompt: Aquarius; Mutual Masturbation
Warnings: Explicit sexual content and language, sibling incest, accidental voyeurism, mutual masturbation.
And also there’s all this pent-up squee about the Lloyd/Ida possibilities that just needs to go somewhere.
Would anyone be interested?
There’s a thing readers should understand with this book: we’re not doing business in the normal way. There will be no tie-ins until we get back to Earth. We’re self-contained, telling our own story, beholden to nobody, and we’re on a trip out to the far reaches of Marvel Space, and we’re going to come back changed, and carrying something very special with us. -- Al Ewing
( Read more... )